As was expected, Facebook has released an update to the Facebook iPad app, bringing with it Retina Display compatibility for the new iPad. The update follows on from news that emerged a couple of days ago that advertisement banners for the updated app were already appearing on the iOS App Store prior to the release of the update. The update also has a number of fixes for bugs and a couple of new features listed below.
- You can go offline in chat
- The right profile picture appears for everyone
- Your list of friends always includes all your friends
- In sets of photos, your name is displayed correctly
- Photos of people who like Facebook Pages load correctly
- Your friend-request notification only lights up if you have a request
- You can change your language to Czech, Danish, Greek, Indonesian, Malaysian, Norwegian (Bokmal), Portuguese (Portugal) or Thai
- If you’ve got a new Retina iPad, you’ll see a crisp, high resolution interface
Sadly, the app doesn’t contain any major new functionality with the highlight of the update being the Retina Display functionality and, wait for it, you can go offline in chat. Given the many features found within the Facebook website itself, it seems that the website is the better way to go at the moment, particularly given that the app doesn’t offer Timeline support.
The update is available through the App Store now.