If you are looking to add a little spice to your New Year’s Eve celebrations tonight and you want to bring your favorite Apple products into the mix then we have a few suggestions for you. One may not immediately associate Apple products with Hogmanay, but if you tilt your head to one side and squint, you can get there…
Ways to bring in the New Year, Mac Style…
1. You remember when the 11 inch MacBook Air was first released and the Apple Retail Stores had the brilliant idea of hanging one from balloons in the display window to illustrate how light and portable they were? Well, hang an 11 inch MacBook Air around your neck on a medal chain and you have a very fashionable medallion. If you can get hold of two MacBooks, you have an excellent pair of earrings.
2. The MacBook Air can also be used in many other ways. The 2011 edition of the Air had an awesome backlit keyboard included. If you are going to see a band tonight, hold that backlit keyboard proudly in the air like a glow-stick. People will know exactly how cool you are.
3. The iPad 2 can make an awesome beer mat for your pint or favorite tipple (as can the iPad 1, it just rocks a little when you put it down on a table). It can also help you carry multiple pints of beer at once.
Thin. Light. Fully Loaded with Beer.
4. Why not place a bet with your mates about whether the iPod shuffle will float in a pint of Guinness.
Think about it.
5. You’re out on the town. You’re partying hard. You’re looking and feeling good. You wave that Apple Thunderbolt cable round your head like a trophy.
Why? ‘Cause when you drop fifty bucks on a cable…you want everybody in the place to know.
6. Once the beer goggles hit, you’re gonna want to try hitting on Siri.
7. You may be waiting to watch a ball drop, but have you ever seen an Apple TV drop?
8. iPod nano. Tennis racket. House party.
9. Ever seen an ass print on the glass of the Fifth Ave Apple Store?
10. It’s been a hard night celebrating. The morning after, when you are crying Huey down a toilet bowl and wishing you were dead, can be a tough time. No worries though, just pull out that iPhone and crank up the iHangover app. It will help you get through those fragile first few hours.
Happy New Year when it comes.